The first three of my precious Orlocks stand ready to go to war!
I feel like I really turned a corner with my painting. If you’ve been following along, I was complaining last week about my inability to paint metal. Well it seems like I figured out the secret, cause it turned out way better on these three guys. I started painting these guys with the white tabards, because white fabric is always a pain in the ass to get looking right, especially from a black undercoat. So when it turned out so flipping well (if I do say so myself) I was like “right boyo, you’d better put some effort into the rest of them as well!”). I also tried doing the skin very differently to how I usually do, and I’m rather pleased with the results. I tried to get it to look like the way FW does theirs, with very little dark recesses, and I think it looks pretty sharp so I’m gonna work this way in the future. Hella easier than the standard GW studio method as well.
Things that could use some work are the eyes, which I’m usually fine at so I dunno why they’re all a bit wonky, and the bases, which I tried to get to look like the official paint job but couldn’t quite work out how they’d done it.
But rather than ramble on like I usually do, I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves for once! Click the images for giganto-versions.
I wasn’t sure how to do the servo claw, so I asked the guys and they unanimously voted for construction-equipment-yellow. But when I put the yellow base coat on I thought I’d made a huge mistake as it was way too bright and contrasty, but I weathered the hell out of it this afternoon and I’m much more happy with it now. Gives him that nice colourful classic Necro look too.
Lemme know what you think. I’m for one am quite chuffed!