Greetings, fellow humans! This week, I have mostly been killing a godbeast!
Spurred on by some of the artwork in the Ironjawz Battletome, I sought out some inspiration on the internet, and stumbled across this post by Merijn; a very talented, fellow greenskin player. I looked around for some suitable dinosaur skeletons, but they all seemed a bit ‘weedy’ for the inhabitants of Ghur. I wanted something bigger. Something worthy of the title of ‘godbeast’. Then, I found this kit. At 36″ long, it definitely fit the bill!
The majority of the vertebrae/ribs were separate pieces, so I glued them together into rough groupings and then mounted them on bases roughly cut from 5mm cork tiles. I’m pretty sure that I got these from B&Q well over a decade ago when I last built some custom terrain for my local club. They’re not as durable as wood, but I found them easy to work with, and thin enough to cut with a craft knife.
Next up, I gave the bases a generous covering of sand from a bag of builder’s sand that I had in my shed, followed by an all over coating of watered-down PVA glue to help seal everything in. After that I gave everything a spray of Halford’s grey plastic primer and then painted things the same as my bones and bases – just with a bigger brush! Here’s a recap for anyone interested:
Agrax Earthshade [all over wash]
Zandri Dust [all over drybrush]
Ushabti Bone [all over drybrush]
Rhinox Hide [random drybrush]
Elysian Green [random drybrush]
Nurgling Green [all over drybrush]
Averland Sunset [random drybrush]
I’m really pleased with how they turned out, and I hope that they look good on the Ghur board for our games. I just need to get my Realmgates done now…