Greetings, fellow humans! This week, I have mostly been painting the last of my Death Guard.
My girlfriend managed to find me a few copies of Conquest Issue 2 a few months ago, so I had some Easy to Build Plague Marines to add to my Death Guard army. After a bit of brainstorming, I decided to use them to reinforce my 5-man squads to 7-man squads (because, Nurgle), and to also convert one of them to be a Foul Blightspawn.
The Plague Marines reinforcements were easy enough kitbashes. I simply swapped the heads on the Plague Marines with the bolters, and swapped the weapon arms and heads on the Plague Marines with the blight launchers. A bit of green stuff filled the gaps left by the tubes that were running from their mouths to their torsos.
The Foul Blightspawn was a bit more involved, but nothing too tricky. After all, he’s basically just a Plague Marine with a posh flamer and a grenade fetish. I started out with the Champion model’s legs and back, then added the flamer bits (torso, backpack, head and the weapon itself) and a skull grenade from the regular Plague Marines kit. I had to slightly bend the tube connecting the backpack to the flamer to make it line up, but other than that, things fit pretty well.
Painting them was relatively straightforward too, as I could paint the bolter dudes in pairs and use my existing Easy to Build Plague Marines as reference.
I’ve get my whole Nurgle collection (Death Guard and Daemons) out next week for an army picture. Papa Nurgle should be pleased, but I won’t mind if he doesn’t see fit to bless me…