Greetings, fellow humans! This week, I have mostly been painting Fanatics.
After realising that the Fanatics in the Gloomspite Gitz Battletome would be in multiples of five models, I needed to boost my current unit of Loonsmasha Fanatics from three to a multiple of five. By the time the new kit was up for pre-order, the old kit was long gone, and nowhere locally had any left in stock either. In desperation, I took to the wretched hive of scum and villainy that is eBay. There were a few boxes on offer for more than double the old retail price, so I gave them a miss. I did manage to find two boxes of ‘half-built’ Fanatics for about retail price though, so I bid on them.
When they arrived however, they were all fully assembled – and badly. Whatever glue had been used was as strong as superglue but as thick as PVA, and some of them had been glued upside down (with their wrecking balls touching the bases). They’d also used more or less the same heads between the two boxes of three, despite getting six unique heads in the kit. With a bit of clipping and a bit of cursing, I managed to salvage them into what you see today.
That still left me one model shy of the ten that I needed however, but I had a cunning plan! I decided to use the Poorly Grot from the new Fanatics kit to bulk out their numbers. It’s a cute little model and comes with its own 25mm base, so it seemed a shame to consign it to my bits box. It could be seen as ‘modelling for advantage’ in games, but I’ll treat it as if it were the same size as its buddies (and most likely remove it as the first casualty anyway).
Now that these guys are painted up, I need to make a start on the two mobs of Stabbas that they’re are going to be hiding in…