What a difference, a base makes. 25 little millimetres.

Greetings, fellow humans! This week, I have mostly been re-basing ALL of my 40k Orks (as threatened earlier in the year). Whatever git thought that would be a good idea deserves a smack in the teef!

Ork Warbosses - rebased.jpg

I spent the majority of my weekend scraping old sand off their bases, then adding new sand, painting/drybrushing them and finally re-painting the rims a classy black. I ran out of PVA and Zandri Dust at one point, so I had to venture out for supplies too. In total, I did this for nearly 200 models – including over a dozen Dreads and Flyers. It would have been over 300, had I not sold a load of old Orks last year (to make way for new ones, obviously).

I thought it’d be good to get a comparison pic, so the first models that I re-based were the ones in my initial post from the start of last year. As with my re-based Goffs, I think that they look much better now. The lighter base colour is much more consistent than the old mix of Vomit Brown/Steel Legion Drab rims with unpainted Citadel Sand (which was a variety of colours).

I’ll take a few photos before I put everything away too, so over the coming weeks I’ll share some army pics/shots of my newly re-based Evil Sunz, Deathskulls and Bad Moons.

Next week, I’ll hopefully get back to my Gobbos…

2 thoughts on “What a difference, a base makes. 25 little millimetres.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s